Sunday, April 8, 2012

how cold does it get it Rome in the winter time


how cold does it get it Rome in the winter time?
I'm going to Italy with my school in February. I want to be warm when I go, and we are going to Rome and some other places.
Rome - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live in Rome and I can assure you that winter is not very cold. Bring a coat, scarf and gloves
2 :
It can snow, it can be as cold as 0-5°C. For me it's a temperature for a hat, warm jacket and gloves.
3 :
It's, ummm. Winter in the Northern Hemisphere...about parallel to Washington DC or so. http://www.climatetemp.info/italy/rome.html
4 :
I spent a month there a few years ago and half of it was in February. I'd say the 50's was normal and there were some "drizzly" days. I found it to be almost exactly like South Carolina. I think it's the best time to be there because it's the "off" season. I'd rather the coolness than the big crowds. Nice days were more often than bad days. You don't need a parka or anything but a nice warm, water repellant jacket should do you fine. A hat of some sort would be a good idea also. Even a baseball hat.
5 :
There are a lot of sites where you can check the monthly average high and low temperatures for various places here, such as: http://www.eurometeo.com/english/climate… . In Rome, the average low temperature in February is 5 °C and the high is 13 °C (41 - 55 °F). It can be somewhat colder in other places especially here in the north.
6 :
Its not really THAT cold as people think.... If you are used to winter where you live, then you won't have a problem. Just wear scarfs and gloves and some heavy clothes. Women wear skirts with heels a lot so it's not freezing either.
7 :
In February temperature ranges from 6 to 12 degrees celsius. This year occurred a snowy day.
Read more discussion :