Sunday, October 16, 2011

I need some help planning a trip to italy


I need some help planning a trip to italy?
I'm not sure what area I want to visit but I want me and my best friend to go to Italy for about a week when we get out of college. I'm still in high school right now, but I like to plan ahead. I need to know how much plane tickets would cost, how much a hotel would cost, and how much it costs to eat at restaurants. The prices don't have to be exact, they can just be estimates. Thank you soo much to anyone who leaves an answer!
Other - Italy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
aaaaaaaaah take me with u plz :-( anyways, i heard it is expensive , but u always can go to places where it is not so expensive to eat, hotels would normally cost around 200 euros/night! so i don't know , u should ask some one who knows Italy very well! have a nice trip nel paese del mio cuore ! i speak italian by the way ^_^
2 :
Nobody will be able to tell you prices for a date after you get out of college - especially if you're only in high school now. However, you can get estimates of what the prices are now pretty easily. Flying depends on where you're starting from and when you want to go during the year. It's generally more expensive during the peak tourist season and less expensive during the winter. I can't give you examples of prices since you haven't given any clue as to where you would fly from and where in Italy you want to go. However, you can check sites like: http://www.kayak.com/ or http://www.skyscanner.net/ to get estimates. The second one is particularly good for budget flights. For hotels, I use this site here in Italy: http://www.venere.com/hotels/italy/ . Prices vary a lot on a given hotel depending on exactly when you're here. For example, prices are generally lower in the winter, but if you're in Venice for Carnevale in February or at a ski resort, the prices can be very high. Generally, I spend 100 to 150 euro per night at the places I stay, but there are cheaper options. If you're willing to stay in hostels, you can do even better - http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/italy/ I generally spend around 25 to 50 euro for a meal when I go out exploring, but I try the local specialties and generally have a full meal with both pasta and a meat or fish course since it's an occasion for me. You can eat cheaper than that though; for example, you can get a pizza for 8 to 13 euro. sometimes even less at local festivals. They were selling for 5 euro at the July festival in the town where I live over the weekend. A panino or piadina or pizza by te slice can be found for 3 to 6 euro. You can also pay a lot more. I spent around 400 euro for a lunch with my daughter at Quadri in Venice one afternoon, but that was a very upscale meal in a very expensive restaurant. Prices are posted on the menus displayed at restaurants and you can check for places that meet your tastes and budget while you're seeing the sights. The best way to get around from city to city here is usually by train. you can find current schedules and prices at: http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD . The price will depend on whether you take a fast train with few stops or a slow train that stops a lot and may require changes. It also depends on whether you go 1st class or 2nd class and whether you buy tickets in advance to save money. Sketch out a rough itinerary and you can use the sites above to get an idea of cost. Remember that you'll also need to budget for souvenirs that you might buy and entry fees where required. You can look up websites for the attractions like the Uffizi in Florence, doge's Palace in Venice or other places you might want to visit to get a feel for those expenses.
3 :
Well, the answer is really hard. just wonder what you want to do, relax, art, nature, and so on. I would say that the south, especially in small towns, is really cheap, compared to where I am now, Milan, and obviously if you go to touristic places it is even worse, really expensive, example an ice cream 10 euros. So make up your mind about what you would like to see first, and then start from that. you have a lot of time to plan. One week, probably is not enough to see a lot o things, so be smart, you decide what you really like first and then ask for suggestions about that.
Read more discussion :