Monday, November 8, 2010

Non Italians who live in Italy


Non Italians who live in Italy?
How do u find italy? what do u think of living there? what do u think of italians? what did u like and what didnt u like? why are u staying in italy (job marriage school ...etc)
Other - Italy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I found Italy, using a world atlas. I think living here is for the birds. The movie. "La Dolce Vita"......the director meant the title SARCASTICALLY.........it was actually a biting satire about living here. Funny how people use that phrase now, thinking he was praising Italy. I like some Italians just fine. Others are real idiots and jerks, but that's everywhere. What don't I like about it......way too frigging slow and backward for a supposedly civilized country........ ya can't even get Vanilla Coke here......(don't laugh...you CAN, just over the border in France, along with 20 other flavors.........just not in Italy. ) I like.......uhm........the beach. That's pretty sweet. why am I staying......???? I ask myself that every day............. still working on an answer........
2 :
I love Italy and have ever since I moved here for work several years ago. It's a beautiful country with wonderful, art, architecture, music, and history. the food is great, especially here in Emilia Romagna where I live. There is always something to see and do including hundreds of festivals every year. The best part is the people though. I've found the people here to be very friendly and outgoing. There's not much not to like about Italy - sometimes the bureaucracy is slow, but that just helps teach you patience (a virtue).
3 :
I hate it. I am a spoiled American and I hate that everything closes, including gas stations and dining establishments close at 1030-1530 every day except Monday, because on Monday EVERYTHING is closed. Italians...enh, some are nice, some are mean, they all look pissed off all the time and I guess i would be too if I lived here. Oh wait I do and I am. I LOVE the bakery across the street from my house. I love the markets. I LOVE their version of little debbi snack cakes. I hate just about everything else that I have tried. I speak Italian enough and I do get all about the town so It's not me. I work here until March then I am moving to Germany.
Read more discussion :